Planning in volleyball is very important for developing team and individual abilities of volleyball players. In planning process we should think about these questions:
1. how many cycles is necessary for chosen period,
2. how long one cycle lasts,
3. how much content and workload should be chosen for one cycle,
4. which way the chosen content should be organized in cycles,
5. how to harmonize workload and rest periods,
6. how to adapt volleyball players on high workload, taking care of their health.
Document of planning calls plan. Beside content, plan should consist goals, methods, principles, organization plan and offer ways how all these things can be accomplished. Content of a plan is complex, so coaches are in must to compile correct relations between contents. Composed plan is a project that defines methods and ways in accomplishing goal-sport deed. In order to accomplish what we want, the plan should be accomplished too.
Volleyball plans should highlight:
1. togetherness in winning points and competitions,
2. specific volleyball movements,
3. level of sport accomplishment (State champion, Cup winner, World of Olympic champion),
4. duration of volleyball training session to master volleyball skills,
5. continuity in training process,
6. technical, tactical, physical and psychological preparation,
7. a lot training session with a ball.